“This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy.
Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.” ~The Dalai Lama

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I may have left my heart in San Francisco.

The last time I visited the city was about ten years ago. I really only spent a day there, and didn't see much of the city, unfortunately. However, I DID drive across the Golden Gate Bridge, all by myself, in a humongous SUV. Anyone who knows me well knows I hate driving across bridges in general...so I was not expecting the ethereal experience of driving through a misty golden cloud-shrouded dream. Now I think it may be time to go back. And maybe...to stay. A piece of my heart lives there now. Time will tell if it's meant to happen or not...but for now, it's giving me something nice to ponder instead of how endless a Wisconsin winter can be. I'm so ready for a change, for new surroundings, for a new world to explore. I'm not really seeing any downsides to the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment