“This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy.
Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.” ~The Dalai Lama

Saturday, April 24, 2010

I finally did it!

And it only took me twenty years or so. I think I first became aware of nose piercing as a potential thing I could do, around that time in my life. I became intrigued by a girl I went to art school with, a blonde, blue eyed white girl like me, who had a tiny, sparkling diamond stud in her nose. It never occurred to me before that time that anyone could do that, not just women of certain other cultures. And it looked soooo cool on her. It's taken me all this time to finally have the courage to have it done, myself. I've only had it for about four hours now, and it seems like it was always meant to be there. I love it. The pain was fairly intense but very brief. Within five minutes it wasn't painful at all, and now I barely feel like anything happened. It will take about 7 weeks or so of aftercare, but that's no problem. Salt water soak once a day, special cleanser twice a day. No problem. Did I mention that I love it? Here are two pictures I took with my laptop camera just minutes after having it done, from a nearby coffee shop where I went to relax and celebrate. It's a tiny, sparkly pink rhinestone. Yay!!!

1 comment: