“This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy.
Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.” ~The Dalai Lama

Friday, April 16, 2010

Peace


I have been collecting images of lotuses lately. They're just so beautiful. This is my newest favorite. They seem to emanate peace and tranquility, which is something I need every day. They remind me to slow down and notice the beauty in each moment of the day. I even have lotuses painted on my toenails, with a small diamond set into the center of each. It's a nice focal point while doing standing poses in yoga. Yoga is another thing that brings a lot of peace and centeredness to my life. I had set it aside for a couple of years, but started up again in January. I do one Ashtanga class and one Yin Vinyasa class per week right now. They balance each other out very well for me. Ashtanga makes me work hard and sweat, and Yin Vinyasa brings deep stretch and deep meditation. I feel very blessed to have these things in my life. When I come out of a great class, I feel at peace with the world and want to share that glow with everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment